Auto accidents result in various injuries ranging from minor scrapes and cuts to more serious injuries like traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Some may heal fairly quickly and completely, while some may experience pain and other complications for weeks or even years. Others may be left with life-shattering and permanent impairments and disabilities that will need lifelong treatment.
Regardless of the exact nature and extent of your injuries, you will need money for treatment and to cover all your accident-related damages. This is why recovering financial compensation for the following injuries is immensely vital after getting injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligence:
- Whiplash – This occurs when the neck and head are thrust swiftly in a forward and backward motion and strains the shoulder and neck ligaments and muscles.
- Bone Fractures – The high-speed and massive impact on your body during an auto crash stresses your bones and causes broken or fractured bones. Legs and arms might also be pinned inside the vehicle.
- Facial and Head Injuries – Auto accident victims could easily hit their heads and faces on the airbags, dashboard, steering wheel, cushion, or side windows and suffer a concussion or other head injury.
- Burns – Victims could suffer burns in a crash due to friction with the road if they get ejected from the vehicle or when they get trapped inside a burning car.
- Back and Neck Injuries– The intense and rapid force of a crash could result in serious damage to the neck and back.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – These could lead to potentially life-changing and permanent injuries that negatively affect how the brain works, including handling and processing information.
- Chest Injuries – Auto accidents can cause blunt force trauma that in turn can lead to broken ribs and internal chest injuries when victims are thrown forward during the crash. These injuries could likewise occur when the torso hits the steering wheel or dashboard.
- Neurological Damage – Severe burns, blunt force trauma, and scrapes could cause neurological damage that negatively impacts memory retention, muscle movement, and sensation.
- Internal Organ Damage – The inherently delicate nature of the internal organs makes them susceptible to serious harm during vehicle collisions.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a sneaky one because it might not have an immediate effect on the injured victim. However, it could easily lead to death when not treated right away.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – This can include different types of paralysis, such as paraplegia, tetraplegia, and quadriplegia, which could be temporary or permanent.
- Psychological Disorders – Apart from obvious physical injuries, auto accidents could likewise cause various psychological or mental disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression, among others.
Seek Legal Help from a Skilled Hartford Auto Accident Attorney
Were you seriously hurt in an auto accident in Connecticut? Our skilled Hartford auto accident attorney can thoroughly investigate your case, assess all the facts, and collect proper evidence to help ensure that you recover proper compensation for your injuries.
Call Berman & Russo at 860-644-1548 or complete our online form to arrange a free evaluation of your case with our Hartford auto accident attorney today.